My World

My World

Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 Months

Bennett is 5 months now.  He had shots on Monday and Wednesday we had his check up with our doctor.  He weighed 18 pds 9 oz (89%), his height was 27" (91%), and his head was 17.9(81%).  Our doctor said he looked good and more like a 6 month old.  We must raise them big around here!  He also said we can start introducing foods so hopefully we'll do that soon.  He is wearing size 3 diapers, eating 5-6 oz every 2-3 hours, he wears all 6 month clothing or bigger, he is liking his door jumper, he is sleeping good at night, and last night look what he did.
He slept in his crib for the first time.  He has slept in his pack-n-play since we brought him home, but I finally got a video monitor so I was comfortable with him going to his room.  Now did I sleep last night?  Umm...NO....because I checked the monitor every hour or so.  Landon has been with us pretty much his entire life so I'm not used to having my babies away from me.  But Bennett slept till 5 AM and I went ahead and brought him into our bed to feed him & then we slept till 8:30.  And I slept great from 6-8:30 (since he was next to me).  He's such an easy kid and I'm thankful for that.  Because his big brother...easy kid...but not a good sleeper.  Landon slept with us in our bed because he was sick with ear infections a lot when he was younger, we slept with him in his bed a lot, and so now he doesn't do so well.  I got him to sleep around 10 PM and by 1 AM he was crying for us.  UGH!!!  So now Lance and I are just going to have to start over and get him to sleep better and through the night without us.  It's sad that our 5 month old sleeps better than our 3 1/2 year old. 

Here is Bennett's new monthly picture
Here is a picture of my peaceful ride home after Bennett's doctors appointment.
Both boys are sleeping :)

Well I have got so much done in my classroom and I'm very excited to start a new school year.  I will try to take pictures next week once I am done (or I hope to be).  Tomorrow me, the boys, and my mom are making a quick trip to the teacher store.  Oh, what excites us now days!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment