My World

My World

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What's been going on!

This is going to be random but I need to get some pictures on here so here goes....

Landon had grandparents day at school at the beginning of this month.  Nana and grandma joined him for lunch and then he got to leave with Nana for the afternoon.  
He's also been hunting and hanging with his dad at the farm.  He enjoys 

They went deer hunting and got a good buck that we've enjoyed lately.  Lance made some smoked summer sausage and it was so good.  Plus we occasionally eat bad and fry it up.

Hanging out at the farm.
My mom has been taking him after school on Wednesdays to hang out and then she takes him over to church for me.  It's so nice when she does that because I don't like getting back out with Bennett and plus it gets dark so early which mean the deer are hard to see.  Unlike my family...I haven't hurt any deer in my life.  He likes having alone time with his grandparents (they spoil him).  They go to the park, get food, and usually go shopping at the truck patch (he likes pushing the smaller carts).  
This day they ran in to his friend (and one of my students this year) Aidan and his sister at the park.  He was there with his grandma too!
We had our Charlie Brown thanksgiving last week and most of the classes dress as Indians (pilgrim outfits are a bit harder to make).  Here is "Brave Hunter" getting ready to go to the feast.

Garnet snapped this one when we were posing!
On this day a couple of us teachers noticed our wardrobes were matching.  We decided we had to get a picture (my shoes were leopard print).
Bennett has been going through a major "I want mommy all the time" phase.  I kept thinking he might get sick and this weekend we both have been under the weather.  He has a low grade fever and is think it's his throat.  I've got the same BUT my throat is killing, sneezing, stuff that goes with a sinus infection or something.
Luckily the boys have been so good all weekend because Lance was out of town the entire time and just now got home.  We survived but was happy to have him back.  A couple weeks back the colors around here were beautiful so Bennett and I enjoyed walking around to see them.


I really want to get better at using my nice camera and how to edit pictures...but until then...I'll take what I can.
I ended up putting my Christmas tree up on November 15th.  I just couldn't wait.  It is too much work to only look at it for a couple weeks....plus I love having the lights on at night.
I took the boys picture in front of the tree before church.  That Bennett is a mess.  He is definitely not easy to pose.




Bennett went to Sunday school and they posted some pictures.
I don't think I've blogged about our bonfire.  Landon loves having a fire so we made one awhile back.  




We finally hung some pictures above our stairs.  Well Lance did all the work which was definitely a job for an engineer.  He had to borrow a ladder from my dad and rig it where it worked on the stairs.  
So this week we are off for thanksgiving break and I'm so excited!  We go to Viola on Thursday afternoon and that's about all we've got planned.  Then we have 3 weeks of school before we go on Christmas break.  It's such a fun time of year!  
























No comments:

Post a Comment