My World

My World

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Break 2014

Well my break is coming to an end BUT we really enjoyed our time off.  Lance got home Monday and we tried Buffalo Wild Wings (which just opened a week ago) for supper.  It turned out to be Buffalo Wild Wendy's.  They really messed up on our order so we ended up driving through Wendy's.  I wasn't going to complain because I LOVE their salads.  The wings were fine but they ended up messing up Landon's order.  It was supposed to be the sweet BBQ but he got the hot honey BBQ.  Yikes!  I think they just need more time to get the kinks worked out but I'm sure we'll go again!  On our way home we passed Santa walking down the road.  We honked and he waved.  Landon was excited so we turned back around to see him again and he was gone!  It was a fun sighting!  Plus we had Christmas music playing so it just made it more special.  
I also received some yummy goodness in the mail.  We had been tracking it and waiting for the FedEx guy to bring it so we could give it a try.  They are good!  Too bad they are sold out....but I'll be watching for them to be restocked.
Tuesday we had a "do nothing" day.  I ended up going to town for a couple of errands and Lance kept the boys so I could go alone.  And after him being gone for 4 days I needed a couple minutes by myself.  
Wednesday we had our Friendsgiving meal with the Benton's.  We had a lot of good food and getting to visit was so nice.  The boys played so good and we even tried to make s'mores by the fire.  That brought many laughs since it was dark, cold, and a little windy.  

On Thursday we had plans to go to Viola for the Hoppers get together.  We always love going to Nana's house.  And let me just say....the boys played so good.  I remember telling Lance a couple years ago how easy it was when Landon was about 3 and when he played without me following right behind him.  Well then you have another sweet baby and it's hard again.  Not anymore!!!  I told Lance it was easy again...guess it's time for another baby....ha!  Just kidding Brooke.  I did manage to get the boys all gathered to get one family picture.  
And our Nana with her siblings.
Today is the Marvin Newton Classic at Viola.  This is something that was started after my FIL passed away.  He was the superintendent at Viola and a man who loved basketball.  They have about 9 teams playing, 7 games total, and every senior playing is eligible for a scholarship.  I kept Bennett home but we still wore our shirts supporting them.
Since we were home today I decided to get the rest of my Christmas stuff out.  I rearranged the top of the tv cabinet which caused me to rearrange kitchen areas.  And I think I love it.

I had to move my NOEL and I'm still not sure about it.
But I like my print!
The stockings are hung for now.  
And now we can sit and enjoy all the lights!





No comments:

Post a Comment