My World

My World

Friday, October 9, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

I can't believe it's already OCTOBER.  We've made it almost two months into the school year and it is going good.  We teachers started with a week of in-service so nana came to keep the boys.  Bennett ended up getting sick with throat stuff so we dealt with bad sleeping the last part of that week.  Poor guy!

Landon had open house for 1st grade and Lance took him since I was meeting my new babies.  Thankfully my crew is awesome and they've made the beginning of school easy.  We've got a small class size which helps things go better.
Landon seems to like his school even though he was a little nervous at first.  He's at a different, bigger building without his momma.  So we both had to learn to how to be separated...Ha!  Me and my sister are helping each other out with all the trasnporting of kids.  I would be lost without her.  She even keeps B when he is sick and I have no other option.

We meet at the daycare so I can drop Bennett off, she takes Christian and Landon, while I take Mitchum with me (he's in my class).  Then after school she gets C & L, brings me Landon, and I give her Mitchum.  Are y'all confused yet?!?  It's a lot of passing but somehow we all manage to make it on time.  We took our first day of school pictures. 
 Landon started 1st grade, Bennett went to the pre-pre-K class, and I started my 11th year of teaching Kindergarten. 


Speaking of Landon and October...He is my little own jack-o-lantern.  He ended up losing his third tooth the week before school started, then his front tooth while hanging out with the hunting boys, and his other bottom tooth during lunch a couple days ago.

He's been hunting and fishing with his dad lately.  


We've already wrapped up the beginning of year testing and the K paras helped out at the 1st & 2nd grade building this year.  They sent me some sweet pictures of Landon.

We've done a lot of yard work and house work lately.  We had new steps poured and rock work done around the house.
I put out a couple fall things on our front porch.  
Handy Lance has framed our fireplace and the guys hooked it up last week.
We had Bennett's urology checkup appointment at Children's.   We worked half a day then took off for Little Rock.  His appt was at 3 so it was fast driving and quick naps.

Passing time waiting for the doctor.

After the good news appointment (urine was clear...go back in 6 months for an ultrasound and praying that comes back fine...he will probably dismiss us) we went and ate at Burges which has the best turkey salad (brought two tubs home with us) and food! Our last stop for the night was to WWE SMACKDOWN.  The boys were pumped, it was tons of fun, and like Landon said "a dream come true".











This is super fan!  Of course the boy on the left stood the entire night and even elbowed Bennett in the head during the Lucha Dragons entrance song.  Ha!  But the positive was super fan made it easy to find us when we watched it on tv Thursday night.
The next day I took off and kept the boys home since we didn't get home till 1 AM.  But that evening I took the boys to the fair with my sister and her family.  The parade was going on in town at 5 so we did the fair and it was super easy.  No crowd, no lines, and done in an hour.


I was super scared taking these pictures.  The Ferris wheel kind of creeps me out.
The bumper cars were hilarious to watch.  Audrey and Mitchum were crazy drivers.
Landon rode some big rides this year.  He did like this ride but at the time I think he was ready to get off.
All the younger grades go on a field trip to the fair.  Lance went with Landon since I had to take my babies.  It was super HOT!
Landon and his buddy Luke D.


We've started BLAST at church.  I'm helping with Bennett's class and Landon is with Ms. Sara.
School spirit night and these boys are all representing their schools.  GO BOMBERS!!! ha
We occassionally go to eat lunch with the Benton crew after church.  Our boys love going and the parents used to hang out all the time (times are busy now but we try) so we enjoy getting to sit down together. I always have quarters for the machines and the boys all got gum and a toy.  We went and sat outside to wait for the adults to pay...ha!  
I had a fun migraine (throwing up and in bed all day) a few weeks ago so Lance took the boys to church while I tried to get back to human level. Ms. J had the kids during church and they got to go outside.

Today I am home with both boys.  Landon hasn't been feeling the best and before school he was getting a little upset saying his head hurt.  He even told me to go ahead and not get tickets for the fall festival his school is having tonight (that was a good sign the boy doesn't feel good).  So we ran to lay out my stuff, wait for a sub, and then come home.  We're having a good resting day and I'm getting a jump start on my weekend chores.  



No comments:

Post a Comment