My World

My World

Monday, May 23, 2011

Recovering

I am starting to feel a lot better but still not ready to go...just yet!  I am still a bit sore (belly and shoulders) but moving more and sleeping in my bed again :)  I think Landon only kicked me twice in the night!  I've been resting today - watching the weather channel, catching up on my DVR'd shows and looking at all of my coupon deals for the week.  I got sad today because as I was sitting on the couch my baby Landon was in the hallway at his school.  I felt horrible that I wasn't with him. :(  I called my sister and she said they were fine just out in the hallway since the sirens went off.  It was during nap time which meant they had to wake all the kids up.  My mom picked him up after school today so they should be home soon.  Hopefully he'll be in a good mood even though his little schedule was messed up today. 
My heart goes out to those in Joplin, MO.  It is so sad to see a town destroyed like that and it only takes a few minutes.  I do have some family who lives there and my mom said they were all fine.  I pray for those who lost their lives, for those who lost loved ones and for those still missing.  Hopefully these storms will not act up anymore.
I've been meaning to post about my latest couponing trips but the other night I couldn't get the pictures to work.  It is crazy to think that I never really thought about deals or coupons and how much money I've just given away.  One can definitely save some serious money if they just take the time to find a deal and that is what I'm doing now.  I usually buy 4 papers on Saturday and then my mom or MIL give me 2 papers so I get a total of 6 coupon inserts. :)  I then sort them into my coupon binder!  It definitely makes shopping and deal hunting a lot easier.  My sister and Amy are my big coupon gals!  We call each other all the time to share deals or get deals.  It's so much fun!  I met Amy at Fred's in Yellville a couple weekends ago and we got some good deals.  They double coupons up to 70 cents only on Saturdays. 
Everything I got there was either 1.00 or 1.50!  I did spend maybe 4.00 on the detergent but I got that fabulous all purpose cleaner for free...yes free!  Do I use it?  Haven't ever but I will now :)  I think my total was maybe $25.00 for everything!

Next stop was Dollar General. 
They had Worcestershire sauce for 1.00 and I had a coupon for 75 cents off so I got them for 25 cents, the Welch's juice was 2.00 and I had a coupon for 1.00 off so they were 1.00, mustard was just 70 cents after my coupon so I think my total there was just at $25.00 again!  I teased Lance that we were going to have a mustard and Worcestershire sandwich for supper and for every meal after that.  He thinks I'm silly sometimes.

I usually try to go to Walgreens throughout the week but that store is a little frustrating just because they don't always have what you are looking for.  I always buy something so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
So here are some of my finds at Walgreens - Sure deodorant for 50 cents and those Gillette Fusion Razors turned out to be 89 cents after register rewards and coupons. 
I got all of this at Walgreens for 12.00 and just to let you know - that hibaclens was was 9.99!  I did good but I used a lot of my register rewards on this transaction. 

This is honestly a lot of fun and kind of a hobby of mine right now.  I love doing it with my sis and Amy. 

Well I am going to sit for a little and also try to wrestle my little man.  He has been very whiny and definitely showing signs of an interrupted nap.  AWESOME!!!  Hopefully he'll want to go to bed here in just a little bit b/c I will join him.  I am staying home again tomorrow just because I don't think I am up for it yet.  Remember I teach 19 kindergarten kids so it isn't a restful job!  Only 10 more school days left so that is a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment