My grocery bill that is! Today I did my first couponing trip and I think it was pretty successful. This weekend I have been cutting coupons and organizing them in my coupon binder. Yes, I bought a binder and the baseball card protector sheets to hold all my coupons...call me a dork but it was so helpful. I have been looking at thekrazycouponlady.com and they are a big help. That is where I got my binder idea and a lot of helpful tips on how to be an extreme couponer :)
After a lot of planning and getting organized I headed out this afternoon to Walgreens. I had a coupon for every single item I bought except 1 (Landon called me when I was out and asked if I'd get him M & M's...couldn't say no to the kid) plus Walgreens had some coupons for some of the items I was purchasing.
Here is what I got and I'll tell you how I got it to whatever price.
1. Bounty paper towel rolls $1.59 - Walgreens coupon got them to $1.29 and my coupon was $0.25 = $1.04 each
2. Pantene shampoo & conditioner 2/$7.00 - got register reward of $1 plus my coupon was $3.00 = $3.00 for both
3. Glad trash bags were on sale for $5.99 and I had coupon for $0.75 = $5.24
4. Bic razors 4 pack was $5.99 - $2.00 register reward and I had $3.00 coupon = $0.99
5. Reese's Pieces candy was 2/$6 - $1.00 register reward and I had $2.00 coupon = $3.00 for both
6. Dawn soap was on sale for $0.99 and I had coupon for $0.50 = $0.49 each
7. Colgate Toothpaste was $2.79 B1G1 and I had a coupon for $0.75 = $1.29 for both
8. Colgate Toothbrush was $3.29 & B1G1 and I had coupon for $0.75 = $1.79 for both
9. Cover Girl eyeshadow was $4.99 and B1G1 50% off plus coupon of $2.50 = $5.00
10. Lady Speed Stick deodorant was $2.67 B1G1 plus coupon for $0.50 = $1.67
11. Always Pads $6.49 - $0.50 coupon = $5.99
12. Irish Spring Body wash $4.49 B1G1 and I had coupon for $0.50 = $3.49
13. Toilet Bowl Cleaners $0.99 - Walgreens coupon of $0.39 = $0.60 but really not sure
14. Energizer Batteries 4 pk. were $2.99 and I had $1.00 coupon = $1.99 each
15. M & M's = $3.29
So overall I paid $59.10 and I saved a total of $48.98 + I have $4.00 off of my next purchase.
I then went to Wal-Mart to get some stuff I just needed and wasn't planning on saving too much there.
So here is a picture of my coupon items.
1. Multigrain cheerios were $2.94 and I had a coupon of $0.75 = $2.19
2. Scott Toilet paper 4 pk. was $2.68 and had coupon of $1.50 = $1.18
3. Noxzema 4 pk Razors were $2.67 and I had coupon of $2.00 = $0.67 each :)
I am very happy with my first couponing trip and I hope it gets easier! I told the ladies at Walgreens checking me out that I was going to be an extreme couponer! They were very helpful since it was my first time and so was the customers standing behind me!
I also have to thank Landon because on Saturday he napped for 3 hours which allowed me to get a lot of planning done....except when he slept on me for half of his nap time...but I hardly ever get to hold him when he is sleeping so I was just fine with a break!