My World

My World

Monday, March 5, 2012

Friday, March 2

I woke up at 3:20 am and walked out to get new ice packs (trying to make my drying up as easy as possible).  Bennett was at 2.0 and Rachel said that he was at 1.5...hmm??? She said she'd find out what the deal was. She came to my room and said he got to 1.5 and breathing was a bit fast so she upped it back to 2.0 just to be safe. I then just prayed that he'd straighten up and be down in a few hours. So at 6:15 am I called Kristina. She said his breathing was really good and he was on 1.0 which is when they are done with the vapotherm. Yes!!! She did take him off completely at 7:00 am so all he has is his IV. He'll have that till tonight just in case and that way they wouldn't have to re stick him. The doctor said the plan is to watch him for a few hours and hopefully he can come to our room around 10:00 am and we'd stay tonight but go home tomorrow! Great news. He also looked at a spot in my armpit. I have a weird abscess that comes out when I'm pregnant and it's on my left which is the MRSA side. So he said we will do ultrasound to see what's going on. I have that at 1:30 pm. Hopefully that will be fine and be taken care of quickly. Always something-but I'm not staying any longer. When B goes home I am going home :)
Now it's 12:15 pm and we are holding Bennett in our room :). We got him in here at 10:30 am and we are not giving him up. They did his hospital picture and those turned out super cute.
Landon and Judy are on there way. Can't wait!!!
 Here is our baby boy...finally getting him after waiting 4 days.
Those pacis crack me up!  They are so huge on their little faces.
 Daddy finally getting to feed B.
Love this face :)
And before they brought him they did his hospital pictures.  I think they turned out super cute.
 Look at that hair
Landon got here at 12:30 pm and stayed till 3:30 pm. He got to feed B, help burp him, wipe him during his diaper change, and just love on him. We all ate lunch but Lance and I didn't get trays till 12:45 so I had to hurry and eat because I had my ultrasound. I went to admissions and that was about 15-20 minutes of waiting, and then I went to radiology and waited about 15 more minutes. They did the ultrasound and she said she was going to show the doctors...what? That kind of scared me but I guess they look it over before they send you home (or for me back to the maternity ward).  She came back and said I could go which tells me I'm ok. I went back to my room and Janice and Tracie were still visiting. Landon was having fun with Tracie. A little later Judy and Landon were ready so I walked him out.  He was very tired and kind of cranky and he said he didn't want to leave until I left :(. That makes me sad but I know we'll be going home soon.
 Landon giving Bennett a kiss hello
 Landon feeding Bennett for the first time

I think Bennett liked that.

When I got back to the room Renee from church and her kids were here seeing him and then my sister came in. She held him the entire time she was here (close to 2 hours-she loves her baby B). Dr. Robinson called Lance and said Bennett's ECHO was all good and my ultrasound was ok. No fluid so nothing to drain just tissue. We are starting an antibiotic just for prevention. Lori, Cathy, and Mackenzie came by for a quick visit. Brooke left around 5:45 and then my parents came up to see him. Lance ran to get my new antibiotic and food. My parents left around 7:00. The nurses took B for his assessments since it was nurse change. They brought him back and that's when the long night started :).

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay... He is adorable!!!!! I just want to snuggle up to those legs!!! :) let me know how y'all are doing!