My World

My World

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Fun

So we have been doing some fun Christmas activities here at the Newton house.  Friday Lance and I celebrated our 5th anniversary by going to Silver Dollar City with Landon and my mom & dad.  I worked 1/2 a day Friday b/c I had my doctors appointment and wanted to rest before walking around all night.  We were very surprised that there wasn't any traffic and not much waiting when we got there.  When we arrived we decided to get our family picture at the front entrance.

When we walked in Landon was so excited and loved the big Christmas tree.  I think he would have been happy watching it all night.
We then headed to the train.  When we got to the train area a new set of passengers were getting on to the train.  So we waited for that train ride to return and then we actually got on to the next train.  Not bad if I do say so...maybe a 20 minute wait.  We did snap a few pictures while we were waiting.
 Love my boys!



Me & the hubs...so proud of us for getting pictures of just us b/c we hardly ever do.

After the train ride we took him to ride the merry-go-round.
 He's so precious!
 But not sure where this ornery face came from!
After he rode that a couple of times, we headed up to the funnel cake area.  Yes, I was not leaving without eating one.  I think my fingers froze off eating it without my gloves on...but it was all worth it.  Landon and Lance watched the blacksmith and the man made Landon a little horse.  I thought that was so sweet!  We decided to leave before the parade so we could beat the crowd out.  We got home around 10:30 and Landon was up the entire ride home.  Wild man!

On Saturday Landon and I went to Wal-Mart to get our groceries and a few presents for his friends.  We also decided to purchase a gingerbread house kit.  He was very excited to make it that I could barely put the groceries away. 

 He really liked the icing.

 The finished project. 
Luckily he was ok with it falling down b/c it started falling apart as we were decorating it.  I guess the silly thing wasn't worth the money but that's ok.  We enjoyed doing it together!

We have been enjoying John Mark and look forward to finding him each morning.
Here he was in the bathroom and he knocked our towel down.
John Mark landed in our Christmas tree one day.
 Then he arrived in the kitchen window and he got in to the Hershey kisses!
 Hanging out in the stocking.
I forgot to take a picture of him Saturday but here he is today.  Hanging from the blinds.  Wonder if his head is hurting yet?!?  I love having John Mark in the mornings b/c Landon is easier to get up and get going.  Some mornings can be rough but not lately.

Today Landon drew us a picture and he said it was a football player.  I thought it was a good picture for an almost 3 year old.
 Well tomorrow I will be 28 weeks pregnant so I'll post my belly picture and the stats from my doctors appointment.  Only 8 more school days left before Christmas break!!!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all are having a fun December! I remember going to S$City the December before Alexee was born in February...the traffic was bad and I was in the back seat of Dad's suburban and was so uncomfortable! We finally got there, walked in the S$City gate and Rhett said he was ready to go home--ha ha!

    Last night our elf built a Lego house and then went to sleep inside of it with his feet hanging out the window. He left a note saying that he needed to rest all day today because he'd been so busy this month. :)

    Happy Holidays to you guys!

    ReplyDelete