My World

My World

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Birthday Boy!

I can't believe we're already celebrating Bennett's first birthday! It seemed to go so much faster than Landon's first year. Guess with two kids you're just so busy to think...ha! So Bennett's birthday was February 27th. His teachers at school decorated his room for him and even got him a present. They're really good to my baby! After school we came home and made a small cake for him. It was church night but Lance came home before practice so we could sing, blow out his candle, and eat some cake.
We planned on having a little birthday celebration for B Friday evening. Well of course he ended up with a little stomach bug. Lance went and got the boys around 8:45 and I took off for the afternoon. I called to see if I could pick up the cake/cookies early and they said yes. So when I got home B had a little diarrhea but acted like he felt fine. We told the family to come over if they weren't scared because we were eating cake no matter what! Landon got to play with his cousin Logan and when it was time for everyone to go home he decided to spend the night with Nana & Logan. This is maybe his 2nd time to spend the night away from home but he did pretty good. Nana said he woke up around 4:30 and wanted me. Big baby!
Anyway, so Bennett is doing good besides this stomach bug. He has thrown up a few times and had diarrhea up until this morning. He is still having ear infections but this last round of antibiotics have kept him clear for a few days. We go to the ENT on Tuesday...thank The Lord! He is drinking all milk now and seems to do good with it. He likes big people food over baby food so we're slowly trying new things. He does love yogurt, mashed potatoes, spaghetti O's, and any small snacks. I gave him his first haircut a week ago and I have to admit it turned out nice (thanks To my BF Megan who gave me tips). He is still wearing size 4 diapers, wears clothes 12-24 months, he weighs 25.5 pds, he is walking a lot, facing forward in the carseat, he takes 2-3 naps a day, and he usually sleeps 7:30 PM to 6:00 AM. He likes Mickey Mouse, watching his brother play the Wii, and music. He does have a bit of a temper. When I was pregnant I said it would either be a girl or an ornery boy. And I might be right. Landon never got in cabinets, claimed stuff, etc. But Bennett is determined to open everything and if I tell him no he gets a bit mad. He'll quickly learn that this mom is going to win!
And I had to include my belly pic. That was the morning we went in to be induced. Gotta love my belly button. There was no hiding it!




























No comments:

Post a Comment