My World

My World

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gulf Shores Day 2

Landon woke up at 6:30 AM again.  I guess he doesn't understand that when we were on vacation we sleep in.  Actually I think because it is so bright in our room it just wakes him up.  We ate breakfast and then headed down to the beach.  We brought a canopy (which is wonderful to have) and bought chairs so we first had to set up our little hut before playing.  We went to the water and played around.  The waves are so much fun and I have surprised myself on how much I want to be in them.  I tend to stay out of the ocean (I think because of jellyfish & I can't see after the salt water gets in my eyes) but I'm being wild this year!  When we were in the water some big waves were attacking us.  Lance was holding Landon and I was beside him when a big wave came and hit us.  My eyes were closed (remember I can't see or open my eyes once water gets in them) and I was trying to compose myself when another big wave hit us.  I couldn't see so I tried to reach for Lance.  Well I didn't grab his arm...I grabbed his shorts.  I'm not sure how much I pulled them down but I think he was a little scared I was going to take them.  Poor guy was just trying to save our child and I was about to drown them both.  I'm sure people were laughing at us...which is fine b/c I laugh when I see others go through what I just did.  I do have some raw knees now from being knocked down. :) 

After we survived the waves we started to build...or tried to build sand castles.  Landon didn't play long because he got hungry so Lance and my mom went back to the room to eat and I decided to stay at the beach.  After they ate Lance and Landon came back to me.  Landon played again but he got a little tired of the beach so Lance and I took him to the pool.  Landon likes the pool but he tends to want to walk around the edge which scares us.  Landon saw a child jump in from the side so of course my little monkey had to try it.  He's having fun with that new trick!  We went to the beach again but Landon was tired so I took him to the room for a nap. 

Lance stayed down at the beach and decided to put his chair at the waters edge...not a good idea for a white boy!  As Landon was napping I would look down to see what was going on.  I kept noticing Lance still sitting by the water and I though "he sure has been out there for a long time".   When Landon woke up we headed back down to the beach.  We were only down there for a little bit before Landon got hungry again so we went back up to the room.  That is when we saw Lance's burn.  The boy is not just red...he is hurting pink.  Poor guy!  We decided to go to a couple of souvenir stores and to get a snow cone.  My mom stayed back at the room so it was just the three of us.  I had to get Landon's picture by the big shark mouth.  He enjoyed that! 
 We went back to the room and took it easy for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment