My World

My World

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow Days and Sick Days

Landon and I have pretty much been in the house since Thursday and haven't really done anything too exciting.  Thursday morning we got a lot of snow and it snowed most of the day.  We missed school Thursday and Friday which is always nice but I hate thinking about making them up.  Landon has been fighting this runny nose, coughing and his ear infection so I was hesitant to take him out.  I finally gave in and we went out Thursday late afternoon for about 10 minutes. 
 He wasn't sure about the snow on his gloves so I had to wipe them off every time he touched the snow!

 This was him trying to walk in the snow and of course he fell down a few times :)

 Abby had to join us and Landon loves her around.

He enjoyed it and had a fit when I brought him in but I just couldn't let him stay out when he was already sick.  He kept saying "Go out in snow" but I found ways to distract him.
Friday night I made Lance get us out of the house and Landon wanted a blizzard from Dairy Queen ;) so that is what we did.  We drove all the way to MH and Landon and I split an oreo blizzard.  Here is his face once we got back home.
Friday I started feeling bad and I had a feeling it was a sinus infection so on Saturday I decided to go to the doctor.  They gave me meds and a steroid shot (ouch).  I actually felt worse when I got home so I pretty much sat in the chair or the bed and read my book.  I recently bought the kindle app for my iphone and I love it.  I am reading so many books off of this.  It is so easy to have right there on your phone and I tend to read when Landon falls asleep and I am laying in bed with him.  I started reading Nicholas Sparks book Safe Haven and I couldn't put it down.  I started it Friday night and finished it last night.  I was crying and hoping Lance wouldn't walk in and make fun of me..ha!  So if you have an iphone you should definitely get this app and read some books.  I am now reading Water for Elephants.  I saw someone recommend this book on their blog and with the movie coming out I thought I'd read it real fast.  We'll see how it goes. 
So after a good nights rest I am feeling much better but I think the medicine I'm on makes me feel sick so I'm definitely ready for the next 5 days to go fast.  Today we've been taking it easy.  Landon and I cleaned out my closet and did some laundry (I think I am doing laundry all the time b/c in every post I swear I say I did laundry) and Lance ran to Wal-Mart after church.  We had BLT's for lunch and then my sweet hubs made me his famous salsa..yum! 

I guess I'll go eat some salsa while Landon is sleeping and then think about doing the treadmill.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Laundry will be the story of your life pretty much for the rest of your life. Ha!!

    Hope you both feel better soon. Maddie's got the cough and sad, sad runny nose today. Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete